Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Fun with Art

We had another successful Paint and Create workshop at The Happy Abode this morning.

I so love seeing the results of everybody's efforts. Always completely different from each other.

The shop kept me busy with sales until about midday and then it all went quiet, but I left the shop feeling very satisfied and very tired.

It is now that my brain and body is going "Ok you can stop now. Rest."

I came home to eat a late lunch and decided to go for a dip in the very icy waters of the pool. The night time air temperatures have been somewhat cooler of late, so that in turn cools down our water. I feel that swimming might very soon be out of the question. I will push myself to the limits though because it's nice to get the blood circulating ... to a point.

The temptation to do some art was strong, but the heat gun that was 'given' to me by the Truckloads guy is leaking so I will have to grab one from the shop tomorrow and spend Sunday working some magic.

Instead, I did some washing, created our advertisement for next month's newsletter and cooked some dinner ... all while watching the footy. Another disastrous tipping effort by me this week, although I'm certain that a lot of people have done poorly because of all the top teams, only one has been successful so far.

I feel that I'll be having an early night and hopefully sleeping soundly. I've had a few restless nights lately.

So to keep you occupied for another 30 seconds ...






Have a wonderful Sunday everybody.



Nite all.

No comments: