Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 12, 2019

Not so Restful

I woke up this morning and looked at my watch.

9.30am!!!

Shocking!

Adoring Husband juiced my celery for me and brought me a nice big glass of fresh green liquid, followed by some Vegemite toast.

We had made plans to drive into The Bay today and at 11.15am, I thought to myself "AH has been up for almost seven hours and has been very patiently waiting for me to get my act together. If I am very time efficient, I can be ready in about 20 minutes and we can be in The Bay a little after midday."

So I get out of bed, walk out of the bedroom to face AH who says "Would you please iron my shirt while I have a shower?"

What the!?

I just looked at him blankly and he said "Why are you looking at me like that? Don't do it if you don't want to."

Seven hours!! He couldn't have had a shower and ironed his shirt in that time?

So much for being time efficient and being in The Bay a little after midday.

It was almost 1pm when we finally got to The Bay.

Then it was non-stop driving and shopping all over The Bay.

The plumbing place to order something for AH's work, Bunnings (ugh), Barbecue's Galore, HBW, Office Works, Lawn Mower place, Kmart (twice), Robin's Kitchen, Heaps Discounts (twice), Boost Juice, The Coffee Club, Truckloads, King Kong, and lastly the Clearance Centre.

All of this to purchase art materials for The Happy Abode AND for my personal use.

AH was hoping we would find an outdoor bar setting for our other outdoor area, but we haven't found exactly the right setting for exactly the right price yet and today we were unsuccessful in our search.

We drove home dropping off some of the workshop materials to The Motivator's house on the way.

Realising that we had nothing out for dinner, we decided on grilled fish and chips from the cafe.

It was 6pm by the time we sat down to eat our dinner.

AH put together my new storage centre ...
  ... and I filled it with my tools of the trade.




Crazy huh? I think I'm gunna need a bigger storage centre lol.

Needless to say, I did not attend the club tonight for the usual Friday night shenanigans and I am absolutely exhausted!

Work tomorrow while the Paint and Create workshop is being run by The Motivator and then I get four days off.

R&R definitely required.

Right now, it's time for bed!

Nite all.

No comments: