Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

It was Big!

What a day!

It's been an incredibly busy day.

I arrived early to attempt to unpack some of the new stock before the girls arrived, which meant that I opened the shop on my own. Adoring Husband drove into The Bay early to run some errands.

I only sat with the coffee girls for about 20 minutes because there was stock to unpack and customers to serve and then some of the girls decided to make some purchases themselves.

A couple of customers came in to request some orders, which require some research before it can be done.

Our fluid art lady dropped in some more art.

Another lady, our crystal expert, brought some beautiful crystals and rocks for us to sell on consignment. She provided stands and cases and gauze bags and a thorough list of information.

A sales rep phoned to get more information about what we want to see from him when he visits on the first Tuesday after Easter.

There are SO MANY scarves, clothing items, bags and jewellery from Ivys that still have to be unpacked and priced and displayed.

Beauty visited before she left for her 7 week holiday, to spend her birthday voucher.

There were bookings for The Gypsy.

Lots of holiday customers in and out all day.

I actually did some banking.

I haven't even checked my emails today.

I did hear from The Motivator who is raving about the course that she's been doing and I'm keen to hear all about it upon her return.

Adoring Husband drove into town and bought lots of materials for my paint pouring at home, which I'll do when I get some time off next week.

He also helped me close the shop this afternoon and I chose to be kind to myself and NOT stay at the shop to finish 'all the stuff', but instead I rode home at 4pm, made an early dinner and put my feet up. I edited some extra wedding photos for last year's bride and now I need to get into bed before midnight.

Meditation early tomorrow, among other things.

I'm exhausted!




Nite all.

No comments: