Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 11, 2019

It's a WOW!

What a day!

Is that how I started yesterday's post?

Today was amazing from beginning to end.

Adoring Husband opened the doors early and two kids who had been in yesterday, came in with their brother and his mate. They bought a LOT of stuff, but they didn't choose everything and then bring it all to the counter. They purchased one thing at a time, one after the other, so between the four of them, there were at least six purchases! They just kept finding new stuff to buy. They even had their Mum on the phone at one stage.

This was followed by a return customer who was about to leave for home, which is in Victoria, and she had left her boyfriend in the car so that she could come say goodbye and add to her button collection.

Next, the owner of our local cafe appeared to give me some news.

She had forgotten to tell me that she had a large group of ladies coming for morning tea and that The Happy Abode was on their itinerary. She was expecting them to arrive in about 30 minutes.

That kind of put a spanner in my works.

Remember that 'to do' list that I was going to methodically work through? Hmm.

I had enough time to iron the new clothing before the hoard of women arrived. There were at least a dozen of them and they made lots of happy sounds when they saw the shop and commented favourably about the design and layout and atmosphere.

They almost all made purchases. Some sat in our lounge area and chatted quietly while others wandered around the shop and one after the other, they brought their selections to the counter.

The leader of the group advised me that she was part of a Classic Cars group who would be gathering together at Burrum River Caravan Park in May, and that she would be organising for the wives to convoy over to our town and visit The Happy Abode.

She took business cards and some of our postcards to issue to some other groups that she is involved with and promised to spread the word for us.

At that point, it was only 11.30am and I was feeling incredibly grateful for how the morning had gone and for the sales that we had made. I expected that it would go very quiet and I could work through my list as planned.

But no ... straight after they had all left, a lady came in to purchase gifts for a special friend and for herself. She did not hold back.

Customers just kept coming.

It was almost closing time and our total was just $3 off a a large round figure and I sent a message out to the universe to send one more customer in to send that total above the round figure.

Less than five minutes later, a woman walked in and bought a $4 miniature turtle.

In between all of this activity, I did action a lot of things off my list so my day was incredibly productive and AH helped me finish off my list.

Before I rode home, I took a call from The Motivator who was sitting at Brisbane Airport waiting for her final flight home. Her news sounded very exciting and I can't wait to hear more about the course and the amazing methods she has learned for healing. I'm looking forward to being a guinea pig!

Our pool area was finally certified today.

Number One Son's footy team defeated my footy team tonight ... sadly for me. I officially withdrew from the club footy tipping competition and sent an email to the site owners to let them know how I felt about their crappy site.

Last of all, I got a call from Vegan Chickie tonight, which was much shorter than our usual call, but it was so good to hear from her.


Now it's fast approaching 11.30pm and I am exhausted.

Nite all.

No comments: