Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

... and we’re off!

Life as we know it has returned to normal.

The quiet season has passed, customers are back and sales are on the increase.

I had another busy, busy day. So busy that I still didn’t finish unpacking the stock that arrived on Monday. Small steps.

I have a ‘to do’ list a mile long now, which I will methodically work through tomorrow, so that I can take some time off with a clean slate and a clear conscience.

It’s crazy how you can have days in a row where nothing needs to be done and then suddenly there are 12 things that need to be done yesterday!

The Motivator arrives home tomorrow and will be back on board Friday. It’ll be good to have her back. Hopefully I can work efficiently enough that she can start back with a clean slate too.

Today’s busy-ness included meditation, massage appointments, child customers with generous grandparents, customers spoiling themselves, customers buying themselves farewell gifts before returning home, unpacking stock, talking to reps on the phone, paying bills, contacting workshop participants and rearranging stock.

I didn’t get to chat with The Gypsy except for her last 20 minutes in the shop.

Thank goodness for Adoring Husband who helped me close the shop again.

Now I’m off to bed because my brain 🧠 is incapable of further thought.




Nite all.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...


So are we still friends?? LOL! Grannymus

Age said...

Haha Grannymus. You can't get rid of me that easily ... perhaps I should be asking YOU the same question.