Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sweet Sunday

It has been the perfect day of rest.

I woke at 6.30am but stayed in bed until about 8.30am.

Adoring Husband brought my coffee to me, so I got up, got dressed and met him outside under the Bali hut. After a while he decided to make breakfast, so on the barbecue he made himself a bacon and egg roll and at my request, he made me some toast.

After breakfast, it was time for a swim. For me. Not Adoring Husband. It was too cold for AH. I have to admit that I stood in the water knee deep for quite some time until I adjusted to the temperature and then gathered my courage and jumped in.

I'm here to say that it was bloody cold!

After a few minutes, my body temperature adjusted to the water and I was able to swim a few laps, do a few exercises and float around for about 15 minutes. I sat on the edge of the pool in the sunshine for another 15 minutes to warm up before I began setting up for my art morning.

I should have taken photos of the process because it got pretty messy, but this is what our dining table looks like right now ...


... and this is the art that I produced. I didn't have all the materials that I needed, so I had to modify my ideas and it's not what I had envisioned in my head, but I know, after this bit of practice, that the next one is going to be much better.


I sat down for an hour after that to mentally prepare for the baked dinner I was serving for dinner. Chicken, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, broccoli and gravy.

I'm looking forward to a good week at the shop. According to the local Traders shop, it was a busy day in town today and the Real Estate Agent announced that there were 92 houses in the area filled with holiday makers.

Let's hope they come visit The Happy Abode.

Now it's time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: