Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Quick as a Blink

Where did the day go?

Coffee with the girls.

Catch up with The Motivator.

Grocery shopping.

Home.

Lunch.

A movie. (The Tuxedo - Jackie Chan)

Searching for my Apple connector to download some photos to a USB stick.

Unsuccessful.

Youtube videos on more Art.

Gathering all the birthday gifts for BGWLBH ready for wrapping and mailing.

Pains in my belly.

Being still for a while.

Drove to The Happy Abode hoping to find the Apple connector.

Unsuccessful.

Watched MKR.

Watched more Art videos on youtube.

Considering an early night except it's already 10pm!

I had an unpopular thought ...

I don't give a rat's pizzle about the Notre Dame Cathedral and I agree with this statement made by somebody I admire and respect ...

"The Catholic Church is a symbol of oppression for women and minorities - it’s not a real romantic symbol of beauty. It hasn’t alleviated poverty in the world, it’s a collector of people, power and real estate.

It’s not a moral centre. It’s a hot bed of abuse, cover ups and oppression run by men, not Gods.

I have nothing against religion, except when it’s used to control and punish people.

Yes Notre Dame is super old and pretty, but so are trees, rainforests and coral reefs that are being destroyed every day."

Judging by the craziness and world wide mourning on social media over a partially burnt building, I'm certain those words will be offensive to many.

One more thing. I read in a news article that the spire is coated in 250 ton of lead and every time it rains, water leaks through the cracks and leaches lead into the gutters of the city. So it's been poisoning the population for centuries.

Oh and Nostradamus predicted this ... apparently.

Ah well.

To close for the evening ...


Nite all.

No comments: