Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Crowd Builds

The Easter Fishing Classic begins on Saturday, so the caravan parks are full and there are people EVERYWHERE!

This competition is always popular and families come back year after year to participate. Let's hope they find The Happy Abode.

I got out of bed late today. Adoring Husband brought my celery juice early. A bit later he brought my coffee. A bit later again he brought me some chicken broth fresh from the slow cooker.

At 11am I put on my swimmers and jumped into the pool. It was a bit fresh, but not uncomfortable. I swam a few laps and did a few exercises then sat on the edge of the pool in the warm sunshine for a bit.

I watched another youtube video on fluid art while AH drove to the supermarket to get some fresh salad stuff for lunch.

It was after lunch when I realised I hadn't been to the post office to send a very important package. A package that has been in the pipeline for 6 months and was promised some time ago. So we jumped in the car and rushed down to complete that chore.

We got coffee while we were there.

Art was on my mind, but so was Aquaman, so we sat down to watch the movie.

Good movie.

He is HOT.

I put some vegetables in the oven to have with that chicken I cooked yesterday and then proceeded to mix all my paints.

I got through about half of them before I remembered the vegetables, which was a bit scary because I forgot to put the timer on and it had been almost an hour! They were a little overdone.

We ate dinner and while AH was snoring in his chair, I returned to mix the remaining paints. I have 30 colours to play with tomorrow.




Sadly, I didn't get to paint today. We had a visitor mid movie and he stayed for about 30 minutes, so between the trip to the post office and our visitor, that cut into my painting time and now it looks like Good Friday will be my art day.

It better be a GOOD Friday!

So here are some Easter messages for everybody ...










... and on that note.

Nite all.

No comments: