Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 15, 2019

Doing Nothing

I'm exhausted from doing nothing.

Well, I did some washing. I cooked lamb shanks and roasted veg for dinner. I spent an hour on the phone with an Aunty who I usually only speak to when somebody in the family dies (nobody died this time). I watched a movie called "Vaxxed". I considered going for a swim. But no. I read some of my crystal book and discovered that my guardian stone is Hematite.

Hematite protects me like armour and deflects negative energy,

I had a late night because I chose to do some more art before bed.

I'm quite happy with it and I like that I'm learning something new with every piece. When I eventually do my big one, I should have enough experience to create exactly what I envision.










This one didn't take long to do, but it took me FOREVER to clear all the mess before I went to bed!

It was almost 1am the last time I looked at the clock before I fell asleep.

So no art today.

I hope there will be girls to drink coffee with in the morning.

Nite all.

No comments: