Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Another One Bites the Dust

Another day gone so quickly with nothing to show for 24 hours.

We had a guy come quote for a sun block blind on the Bali hut early this morning.

The Brains Trust visited bearing gifts - two delicious dragon fruit which were so sweet and juicy. Yum!

Adoring Husband and I then made ourselves presentable for public viewing and drove into The Bay to get an Apple connector so that I could do everything I've been needing to do for the past week but couldn't because I've lost my Apple connector!

You watch, now that I've spent a fortune on a new one, the old one will magically appear.

We bought lots of art supplies. New paints, some machine oil to keep me covered until I can get some Dimethicol Silicone Oil (which I've ordered online) and some different sized canvasses.

I'm ready to play big now!

We also bought the Aquaman dvd which I hope to watch tomorrow some time. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet!

I enjoyed a delicious Mint Condition juice from Boost and coincidentally bumped into The Brains Trust and The Garden Guru!

At 2pm, we were starving, so stopped for some salmon and avocado sushi and grabbed a takeaway coffee to drive home with.

I immediately sat down to do all those things I needed the connector for and then began to prepare dinner.

We had rolled chicken thighs stuffed with cheese and bacon ... although the cheese melted out of the thighs in the oven so really, there was only bacon left behind lol. This was served with a side salad.

While I prepared that, I also put a whole chicken to bake in the oven, filled the slow cooker with everything to make chicken broth and made up a tray of toffee nuts to have with the fruit whip ice cream that I made later. I'd bought some fresh raspberries today, so the fruit whip with those and sprinkled with toffeed nuts - so delicious.

Now, at 8.30pm, I'm exhausted!

I was thinking of working tomorrow (Thursday) but thankfully The Motivator has sent a text suggesting that I take some more time. I'm very grateful that she did that.

I think I need to clear out some cobwebs by taking a dip in the very cold pool tomorrow. I'll follow that with some painting/creating and then watch Aquaman.

I'm not sure if I'll go to the Club in the evening yet. I'll see how I feel.



Meanwhile, I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: