Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 8, 2019

Friendly Friday

Again, no lectin post because it’s late and this will be a short one.

I woke up at 8.40am - actually, I woke at 5.45am, reached across and cancelled my alarm before it went off, then rolled over and went back to sleep until 8.40am.

I was a bit shocked when I realised how late it was, however, I stayed in bed until 11.30am.

The pool was my next destination and I spent an hour swimming 21 laps, doing water aerobics and floating.

I’d made plans to meet The Motivator at The Happy Abode, so I ducked into my studio and threw some paint on a canvas ...


At 1.30pm Adoring Husband dropped me at the shop where TM and I linked arms and skipped around in circles while she showed me everything that she had done during the week, then I got dizzy 😵 so we chatted for a while before finishing the set up for tomorrow’s art class.

While I was doing that, a man came into the shop and asked if he could join the art class! Adoring Husband is going to join the class too so it’s going to be interesting with a couple of blokes in the mix.

We left the shop at around 3.30ish and arranged for TM to come home for a swim.

In the 20 minutes until she arrived, AH and I rushed around like headless chooks attempting to make our house and pool area look somewhat presentable. We’ve been slack home owners of late.

She and I had some real quality time in the pool until it began to get chilly at 5.30pm.

After she left I cooked up some duck with asparagus, carrots, zucchini and a mushroom, shallot and walnut sauce. Delicious.

Now it’s almost 11pm so I’d best get some sleep so that I’m bright and breezy for class tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: