Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

I'm a Loser!

Tenth out of Eleven teams!

We did very poorly in trivia tonight. Unusually so. Now that I think about it,  instead of passing our answers to the table beside us to check and score for us, the organisers, for the first time, allowed each team to score their own rounds.

I have a sneaking suspicion that people may have had a little cheat here and there. Just sayin'.

Instead of going to the movies to see the movie "Judy" with the girls this morning, I decided to stay at home and have some 'me' time.

I felt like I needed to quietly reset.

I got out of bed at 9am, tested the pool water and decided that a swim was definitely part of my plan for the morning so I changed into my swimmers/bathers/togs and made my way to the Bali hut with my iPad for playing, my iPhone for music, a bottle of water and a towel.

The first hour was spent sitting on the lounge playing on my iPad and listening to 70s music, enjoying the mild weather with the gentle breeze.

The second hour was spent in the pool. I dived down to pick up a few leaves that had settled on the bottom after those strong gusty winds that we experienced in the last couple of days. I meditated in the pool nook for about twenty minutes, swam a few laps, floated for about twenty minutes and then lay in the big pod seat for about ten minutes enjoying the sunshine.

It was absolutely perfect and left me feeling completely energised.

I threw a load in the washing machine, changed into dry clothes and decided to give my studio a good clean out.





I took me about two and half enjoyable hours to tidy up and reorganise my 'stuff', of which I have a LOT!! I could almost open a shop selling art supplies!!

I feel excited to get in there tomorrow and throw some paint around. A lovely clear space to start making a new mess!

Adoring Husband and I teamed together to make dinner which was kangaroo fillet with salad. He cooked the kangaroo beautifully on the barbecue, but still it was a little chewy.

We left ourselves half an hour to get ready for trivia.

Even though we were disappointed in our poor performance, it was a good night and we won a special prize for providing a ridiculous answer to the big baffler question. We got a few good laughs and snorts during the night.

Now it's already 11.30pm so I'd best get to bed.

Tomorrow I hope to tell you all about 'lectins', my new discovery in the area of health.

Nite all.

No comments: