Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I’m a Winner

I sat in bed this morning practicing some EFT/tapping.

I tapped all the points on my head, face and chest while reciting how open I was to receiving money. I  announced how welcome money would be and that I deserved to have extra money in my life. I tapped for about eight minutes.

I won $120 on the Melbourne Cup sweeps! I still have a keno ticket to check so you never know!

I had been looking forward to spending today with friends, but as the time drew near to get ready, I could feel my energy levels lagging and I struggled to not only get ready, but to even be social during the 2.5 hours that I was there.

The Motivator closed the shop early so that she could join us and the customers sure kept her busy right up until the very last minute!

I didn’t realise that everyone was arriving at 11am so I didn’t lob up until almost midday! Lady Lynn very kindly saved two seats for TM and I. By the time I got money out of the ATM, bought raffle tickets, sweeps, put keno on and bought myself a drink, we were being called in to get lunch.

The $40 that I paid for the event didn’t go very far. All I could eat was 4 prawns, 2 pieces of calamari and some salad. I didn’t like the barramundi and due to my dietary requirements, I had to be selective of the salads.

I bought $34 worth of sweeps tickets, $20 on keno and $8 for my one and only drink.

So I actually finished the day $12 in front - but that depends on whether Keno was kind to me.

I didn’t get any photos of myself or of me with anyone else so there is no proof that I was there! I didn’t have the energy or the motivation to move around the table or around the room to chat with the people I knew.

I did feel good in my new top!

At 2.35pm I called Adoring Husband to come pick me up because I had hoop dancing to get to at 3pm. This gave me just enough time to go home and change into more comfortable attire, grab my hoop and for AH to drop me at the hall.

At first we couldn’t get into the hall because Elders Real Estate, where The Gypsy collects the key, had closed for the day (for staff to attend the same function as I was at), so after an initial panic, we were able to locate another key and the hall was open for just The Gypsy and myself!

It seems our hooping group were all enjoying Melbourne Cup celebrations, but most failed to let anyone know.

So I received a very intense one on one hooping lesson that once again left me dragging one foot in front of the other to reach the car at the end.

When I arrived home, I had to bathe Psychotic dog Ruby’s eyes before I could sit down briefly before preparing dinner.

I cooked up a couple of lobster tails for dinner and served them with salad.

I sit here now, realising that I haven’t had coffee today and there is a headache building in the back of my skull. Perfect.

My pillow is calling my name.

Nite all.

No comments: