Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 4, 2019

Finished Business

Today was spent finishing all the incomplete business from Friday.

I picked up the photos from the printers, dropped them into the framers, got the price of the metallic photo, took my iPad to get the SIM card (and it only took 27 minutes instead of 3 hours!), bought some bras and a new pair of white pants to wear to the Melbourne Cup luncheon tomorrow then did a quick grocery shop.

We sat down to some GF battered snapper, bought a coffee via the drive thru and came home.

I think it was about 3pm when we arrived home.

I did nothing for the remainder of the afternoon, while Adoring Husband read his new book about Paul Gallen. The silence in the house was quite lovely.

The pool water was warm but I still didn’t go in. I don’t know why.

Dinner was super easy because we’d bought a roast pork from Coles so no effort required.

It’s now just after 9.30pm and the rain has started. I’ve been watching this system on the BOM and it started way way out west and has got weaker as it got closer to us, but there is still some nice wet stuff falling out of the sky. We need it.

Well I hope you all have a fun Melbourne Cup day. I’m off to bed now.

Nite all.

No comments: