Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

It Never Ends

I gather, from all that I’ve read today, my belief that we are in self isolation until Covid 19 has nowhere to go and simply disappears, is very far from the reality of the situation.

When will it be safe to end the lockdown, to re-emerge?

Apparently it will never be "safe".

Social distancing and self isolation are measures not to "cure" Covid 19 but to slow it down, so as to not overwhelm our healthcare system.

We’ve done that pretty well.

It doesn’t change the strength of Covid 19 or how it spreads from one person to the next.

It’s not going to change the mortality rate, only delay it.

Apparently, people with a weakened immune system who missed it this time, will eventually get it.

Quarantine is slowing it down but not curing it or weakening it or killing it.

Well that sucks! 😳

I’m hoping that because this is our first experience with this virus that they are mistaken.

They predicted that millions would die from bird flu in 2013 but in the end it was hundreds and it disappeared after a couple of years.

In 2002/3 they predicted SARS would kill hundreds of thousands but it killed 774 and disappeared almost as quickly as it appeared.

I’m hoping this one will be the same.

Obviously this makes it even more important to use this time to educate yourself and start practicing better lifestyle and diet choices to build your strength, fitness and immunity.

This is our opportunity to show ourselves the ultimate gift of self love and try to reach our optimum level of health because that’s our only weapon against Covid 19.





I made corned beef and zucchini fritters for lunch and drank a mint condition juice (apple, cucumber, celery, spinach, mint, coconut water and water) for afternoon tea.

Our afternoon was all Grey’s Anatomy.

Salmon steaks with salad for dinner.

Today I’m grateful for access to fresh fruit and vegetables. I’m grateful for cool filtered water. I’m grateful for my night time meditation that puts me into a deep sleep almost every night (not the nights when Adoring Husband’s snore mimics an old victor lawn mower).

It’s almost midnight so it’s bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: