Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 24, 2020

ISO Birthday

I woke up very late this morning and Adoring Husband greeted me with my morning coffee and a beautifully gift wrapped box with a birthday balloon accompanying it.


The gift was from Lady Lynn and I absolutely love it! When I clear off my dressing table, it will take pride of place in the centre and hold my favourite pieces.


Not long after that, Beauty delivered these ...


They were selected from her garden and she arranged them herself! How special is that!?

I then received a phone call from Lady Lynn and Happy Harry. They both sang Happy Birthday!

Next on door knock patrol was The Brains Trust. The time and effort put into this little gem ...


How fabulous! A few decent photos of me interspersed with my beautiful Burrum friends, makes me very happy.

It did not stop there. Sweet Aggie appeared with this beautiful bouquet of natives ...


I’m so spoilt.

I decided that I wanted this day to be different to all of the other days of isolation and the only thing I could think of was riding on my trike.

It was a beautiful day and we are allowed to go outdoors for exercise, so I packed my camera bag into the trike basket along with some cash, my phone, the post office box keys and a hat.

It’s been a good 18 months since I road around town on the trike because The Happy Abode has been taking up all of my riding time. So I did this ...


That’s VERY different from my usual isolation day!

I took a few photos and made one more short video before riding to the Post Office to pick up the Bomb Trinkety parcel that I ordered last week.







While I was riding, I received a birthday phone call from The Motivator so stopped by her house on the way home. This is the beautiful unicorn hat that was among the gifts that TM gave me.


By then I was hot and flushed from so much exercise and the day had warmed up somewhat because it was almost midday by now! I needed water!

It was well after midday when I finally pedalled home and I had barely sat down and taken a breath when Vegan Chickie and Chicklet called me for my birthday. I had almost an hour on the phone with them and it was wonderful.

During that phone call, Bubbles attempted to call! My plan was to call her back.

Also during the call, I received this ...


I sent my little brother one of my calendars for Christmas and highlighted my birthday so that he would make contact. He did! It worked! He didn’t wish me a happy birthday - just texted me this pic haha,

AH prepared my lunch.

I had a little while til my next phone call which was the Welsh Wonder and her hubby. She also sang happy birthday.

Soon I had to prepare for the birthday conference call with my girls, so I dressed in my sparkly clothes ...


I decorated the cake and placed the candle ...


Made my drink and strategically placed all my gifts around me ...


I didn’t even think about taking a photo of the screen with all of their lovely faces and I’m so disappointed that I missed that opportunity.

AH cooked up some honey chicken wings for our dinner which was a perfect way to end my day ... except it wasn’t the end because Bubbles called at about 6.30pm and we chatted for well over an hour!

While I was on the phone with her, Number One Son attempted to call! He texted me to say he was going to bed and would call me tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to that call.

It’s now well after midnight and I have to get up early in the morning so I’m off to bed.

The exciting part for tomorrow is that I will be receiving my birthday parcel from Beautiful Girl With Long Blond Hair so it’s not over yet!! Wahoo!

Happy birthday to me and Happy 10th anniversary to AH!! The celebrations continue 😍

Nite all.


No comments: