Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 24, 2020

Late But Not

I just looked at the clock expecting it to read 12.30am.

It’s only 9.30pm

I am exhausted.

I rode my trike again today and spent some quality time with a friend - using the appropriate social distancing rules of course. I had a really great time.

Before I got home I had to stop as a very large crane was lifting an equally large boat from the back yard of a house, over the top of the house, to the front footpath. It was a tricky manoeuvre!

While I waited I chatted with a distant neighbour who told me about her medical dramas of the last few months.

I arrived home in time to prepare lunch for Adoring Husband and myself as well as assist him in getting the new clothes line cover fitted.

I received a fabulous box of gifts from Beautiful Girl With Long Blond Hair for my birthday ...






As always, perfect gifts for me.

Another friend promised to take me on a lunch date when this pandemic crisis is over. Can’t wait!

Grey’s Anatomy was on the agenda for the rest of the day and it was nice to put my feet up.

I’m really looking forward to spending the morning in bed tomorrow after three early-ish mornings in a row.

Look at this! It’s suddenly 11pm!

Nite all.

No comments: