Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 29, 2020

Dizzy Azz

I blew up 27 balloons today.

By the time I’d finished, I felt pretty light headed 🥴

I had to climb a ladder to hang some of those balloons but I was smart enough to wait until the light-headedness passed before I did so. Can you imagine? Oh the picture that conjures!

The shop is now decorated to farewell The Motivator ...


Afterwards, I paid some bills, chatted with some customers, set up my new charging station and cleaned up all the packaging from my decorating.

The day passed too quickly! I’m thinking of returning to my normal hours after next week. We’ll see.

Now it’s heading towards midnight and I have to work tomorrow so it’s time to sign off.







Nite all.

No comments: