Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Empty Pockets

It was a fun, but expensive trip into The Bay today!

We bought all the replacement items that I need for when The Motivator leaves next week.

It’s not surprising that stock is either low or nonexistent right now. Office Works is ridiculously low on all office technology items as well as office furniture, and their warehouses are struggling to bring supplies in to the country so they couldn’t even give us a time frame.

I decided to bite the bullet and choose from the stock that was available because ‘something’ is better than ‘nothing’. We received good advice from the young man who assisted us and rather than attempt to sell the most expensive item on the shelf, he explained the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the much less expensive item.

I was unable to purchase a tablet for the purpose of receiving payments because they too are sold out at JBHIFI with no time frame for restocking, so an iPad mini was the best option.

I got a 4 bay charging station so I can charge the music bar, the iPad mini, my phone and another item if necessary.

I thought I’d bought the winning Powerball ticket but I just noticed that nobody won tonight’s jackpot  so I guess I’ll win next week instead.

We are excited about the NRL footy season recommencing this week and my team the Brisbane Broncos are playing tonight!

Adoring Husband has returned to the SES and he has attended his first training session tonight, so the house is very quiet 🤫






I’m feeling weary again tonight so I may have to fall asleep in bed during the second half of the footy.

Nite all.

No comments: