Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Birthday Girl

Happy birthday to the amazingly youthful and beautiful Maid Marian.


The Dayman General Store was our lunch destination and they isolated our group from the other patrons by seating us in a little side room.

The food was full of healthful, fresh and nutritious goodness. I had the chicken salad keto style, a fresh detox juice and a pear and ricotta tart for dessert.

I loved the atmosphere in the cafe, the service was friendly and efficient, the prices were reasonable, the food was very fresh and tasty and our group was so happy to be out together after three months in isolation. There was lots of laughter and we had a great time.

After lunch we went in search of trackie dacks.

A couple of us had tossed our old ones after last Winter so we needed replacements, but unfortunately, after the cold snap over the weekend, the shops got cleaned out of Winter active wear as people rushed to get warm!

I found one pair for $10 at KMart which I wasn’t able to try on because the change rooms were locked as a precaution for COVID 19 so I purchased them anyway. They were one of a kind in the store and when I tried them on at home, they were a perfect and very comfortable fit, so I went online and found them in other colours! I bought another 4 pairs.

Anyway, I was more active today than I have been for months and I’m feeling absolutely exhausted!


That means it’s time for sleep ... much earlier than usual.

Nite all.

No comments: