Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Gettin’ Arty

Today was enjoyable.

I was able to finish setting up the training room for the art workshop quite early, which worked out well because The Motivator came for a visit and we spent about 30 minutes catching up and making fun of our aching body parts and giggling like idiots.

There was a steady flow of customers until closing time, which was exactly when the art class started so I changed into my old art clothes, greeted my 8 participants and we spent two hours making messy fun.

Included in my class was Paige, who I think may have been about 7 or 8 yrs of age. She had a ball and was very creative.

We all practiced making flowers on a small panel using the straw blowing technique and then everyone decided to create something different on their larger canvas.

There were feathers, flowers, jellyfish, abstracts and a pelican with a fish in its mouth (courtesy of Paige).




















The photos really don’t do some of these justice. They look better than this.

I don’t think I was quite as exhausted as after the first workshop two weeks ago, but I was still happy to get home and put my feet up.

We’ve watched the footy and are in bed now.

I’m looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Have a happy Sunday!

Nite all.

No comments: