Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 10, 2020

Taking a Load Off

I think I need to wear a step counter when I set up for an art workshop.

I swear I did 10000 steps just in the training room today!

My feet were killing me by the time we closed the shop at 3pm.

It will be a full class of 8 and I’m pushing the social distancing rules squeezing that many in. I had to get Adoring Husband to purchase two new tables to make it work.

Aside from setting up the training room - and it’s still not finished - I was able to fix up the art and craft display area. Until my new table and glass cabinet arrive, I need to make do with what I’ve got. I priced almost everything and stuck all the art to the front of the glass cabinets with double sided rubbery stickers.

I must take a photo tomorrow!

By the end of the day, I was DONE but before I could put my feet up, I had to get changed and bathe psychotic dog Ruby and tend to her eye.

From there, I planted my butt on the lounge chair and that’s where I stayed until after dinner. I was in bed by 7pm and AH joined me at 8pm. We are watching the footy in bed.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s workshop, but right now, I am again feeling my age! Luckily I know how to indulge in some self care so things don’t get on top of me! And also lucky for me that I have a husband who is generous with TLC and looks after me no matter what kind of day I have.

He took psychotic dog Colli into the groomers today. She gets so excited when she knows she’s going in the car and then comes home full of energy and feeling fab - just like me when I’ve been to the hairdresser!

AH ran some errands for me during the 90 minutes that she was being beautified.

He’s the best personal assistant I’ve ever had!

Don’t forget ...


... we are altogether manifesting this win for me! Everybody put it out there into the Universe!

New Sassy Duck bags arrived this week.











Time to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: