Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Good Start

It was a very good start to the week and the day passed so quickly!

I really enjoyed morning tea with my girls and there were seven of us enjoying each other’s company.

I’m not even sure what time they left, but I think it was pretty close to 11am.

Sales were great and there was a steady flow of customers all day, then, before I knew it, my 1pm appointment arrived.

My appointment was with a local lady who makes jewellery out of repurposed pieces that she finds in op shops and garage sales. She is very creative and does an amazing job. She brought with her four boxes of her pieces. I took almost all of it and bought two sets for myself!

Here is a small selection of her repurposed, handcrafted jewellery ...












Now, I really need to get serious about displaying all of the local arts and crafts that I’ve collected from various people in the area. It’s all piling up in the corner with nothing to attract attention or show it off to its best advantage.

I need Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair to come and wave her magic wand, but sadly, she can’t get here til Christmas.

It was getting close to 3pm when we locked the shop and I did nothing until dinner time. We had easy tacos.

Time for sleep because I have an early start with meditation tomorrow morning.

Nite all.


No comments: