Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 6, 2020

Brain Overload

Today, I began teaching myself how to create an app.

😳

After 45 minutes, and three different teachers, I realised that, while apps are much easier to create these days than they were five years ago, they are still quite complex and will require my fully focused attention, so I have set it aside until I finish everything else ... signage, website, filing system, bookkeeping system, local art & craft display area etc.

The app will be placed at the bottom of my current priority list.

Oh and I still have two courses in progress, one of which is teaching me how to create an e-course and I hope to incorporate that with an app as well.

Who knows if my brain and my motivation levels will remain active enough to complete any of these things! Wait and see.

It’s midday as I write this and Adoring Husband is preparing to go to the SES shed for their weekly maintenance day.

I need to bathe psychotic dog Ruby’s eye, make some lunch and do some more studying.

It’s midday as I type this, so I’ll add more later.

It’s now later.

I’ve been up and about for around seven hours. Took my washing off the line, watched a movie with AH, prepared dinner, watched Big Brother, made a long ‘to do’ list for next week, packaged up 16 containers of bone broth for the freezer, packed my stuff for work tomorrow and returned to bed.

Found this in a memory on Facebook. I was flower girl for my Uncle and Aunty’s wedding in 1964. The dress was made out of a pink shimmery material and I thought I was a princess ...


Have a great Tuesday!


Nite all.


No comments: