Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Busy Busy Busy

Adoring Husband and I set up the tables for art on the weekend and decluttered all the sheets of cardboard that have been stored against the wall for over a year.

I ‘started’ a few things on my ‘to do’ list and did not not finish any of them.

I started to fill out a form for the bank.

I started to price Corina Corina’s jewellery and she dropped in with some displays for me to use.

I started to check my emails.

I started to claim my domain name.

I spoke to Artsy Mae about which art of hers I would keep at the shop.

I took some timber work from the Men’s Shed to sell in the shop.


I received a delivery of Sassy Duck bags to unpack, price and display.

I served customers until 3pm.

AH replaced a fluorescent tube in one of the ceiling lights, but another light is broken and looks like the entire casing might need replacing, so I called an electrician. Actually, I called The Gypsy’s partner who is an electrician.

I sold two pieces of my art for $110 and $120 🤩👩‍🎨😮



We left the shop after 3pm and I cooked an early dinner because AH had SES training tonight. I got some lamb and caramelised onion sausages from the local butcher. They were SO good! Served with cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mashed potato and gravy.

I watched the Roosters thrash the Cowboys in the NRL.

Now it’s time to sleep, but I’m thinking of going into the back bedroom where there is no steam train in the bed beside me!

Nite all.

No comments: