Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Morning Struggle

It was a real struggle getting out of bed this morning.

My alarm went off at 6am and I hit the ‘snooze’ button.

Adoring Husband brought in some warm lemon water for me and I sat in bed sipping it until after 6.30am.

We had to leave the house at 7.05am so it was my amazing time management skills that had me sitting in the car, ready for work, at exactly 7.05am!

Meditation was great and we even had an elderly male join us! He joined in the discussions and seemed to enjoy himself.

Afterwards, while The Gypsy and I had a catch up at my desk, some of the ladies from meditation bought themselves coffee and returned to sit in the training room for a giggle and a chat.

I received a delivery which included bulk coat hangers and a couple of gifts for two of my friends.

I had some sterling silver chains arrive in the mail too.

Sales were average, but the cold, damp day probably contributed to that. Even ‘I’ felt cold when I stepped outside.

Even though I made a ‘to do’ list, nothing was achieved from the list. Instead my time was spent changing my registration details with some suppliers, ordering stock on sale for EOFY, discussing business with the Howard Men’s Shed to sell some plant stands as well as having them possibly make a “Local Arts and Crafts” sign for my yellow wall.

My work days pass so quickly!

AH and I had a late lunch and then stuffed our faces with delicious muffins from the FROG box.

We spent about an hour in the pool shed sorting through my jewellery making trays and I gathered a few bags of beads, charms, chains and findings for Corina Corina to make more jewellery to sell in the shop or the markets. I hope she’ll find them useful.

AH had leftovers for dinner. I was still satisfied from the late lunch.

I bathed psychotic dog Ruby’s eye before I climbed into bed and now I’m listening to AH snore like steam train. I nudged him to be quiet but he claimed, very assertively, that he was NOT snoring. He could end up with iPad slapped on his forehead if he’s not careful!

I shall now attempt to sleep through the commotion.


Nite all.

No comments: