Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Almost Frantic

Inside work hours, there seems to be non stop activity at the shop.

I haven’t had enough time between customers and visitors to unpack, check, price and display everything that has been delivered at the shop since Monday.

I tell myself to ‘just breathe’ because there is no rush to get all of that done!

So I’m deep belly breathing and keeping calm.

Today started the usual way for a Wednesday ... with a great meditation class. The Gypsy was able to stay for a little while afterwards and we had a catch up.

A few of the ladies stayed for coffee after meditation and when The Gypsy left, I joined them because they were stroking my creative artistic ego and it felt good! They raved about how much they love the art workshops and then they swooned over the pictures of my other art that I showed them.

There weren’t as many customers today but sales were still good.

I had a lovely visit from Aggie and we sat for a while to catch up with our news.

I paid a bill and worked out what else I can order before the end of the month ... oh the clothes 😍

Suddenly the day was over and I felt very grateful that I could put my feet up and forget about work ... until another supplier lured me into her web of lovely clothing and I began making a list of everything I wanted to order!

I made creamy garlic chicken, mushroom and spinach for dinner followed by leftover mango coconut cream ice cream that I’d made last night..

The Bachelor took my attention for the evening and now I am absolutely ready for a good nights sleep. 




Tomorrow will be another busy day!

Nite all.

No comments: