Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 25, 2020

Got it Done

I ended my day with a sense of achievement.

Good sales.

I removed the old “Happy Abode” stickers from the walls and counter cupboards and created new “Roz’s Happy Place” signs, laminated them and used double sided tape to attach them to their new positions.

I created the replacement ‘opening hours’ sign to stick over both sides of the A-frame sign that sits on the footpath. I used double sided tape to stick them over the top of the old hours.

I ordered some new bag hooks for displaying bags.

I wrote out my new Jenny Jazz order, ready to submit next week.

I steamed and priced some pre-loved clothing that’s been hanging around for a couple of weeks.

I securely wrapped a piece of art in tissue paper and then protective cardboard in preparation for its new owner to pick it up and transport it next week.

I gift wrapped a parcel that had been left behind for exactly that purpose.

I spoke to the macrame lady whose work has been sitting in a box in the training room for months. Thankfully, she is willing to leave the macrame wall hangings with me for another little while and Adoring Husband and I will find space to hang her work in the newly arranged Art and Craft corner next week.

In between all of that, I had customers and visitors and more enquires about art workshops.

I still have a few items remaining on my ‘to do’ list, which I might get to tomorrow.

I started some embellishing on one of my art pieces from last weekend. I have some other ideas that I might play with over this weekend so that I can show it as an example in the next workshop.

Meanwhile, I need to rest my weary brain and get an early night. I’ll probably fall asleep watching the footy from bed.

Nite all.

No comments: