Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 21, 2020

Why? I Ask Ya!

It was my day off and the shop was closed, but I was expecting deliveries, so while Adoring Husband took our only 🙁 remaining psychotic dog to the vet for a check up (she is very well, thank you for asking), I rode my trike to the shop to wait.

There are usually two different times for courier deliveries. 10:30am and 12:30pm.

I unlocked the doors at 10am.

I cleared the kitchen of all the clean art tools that were washed on Saturday.

Removed the tea and coffee station from the training room.

Put away the aprons.

Removed everything from the main display table, cleaned it and created a new display.





Moved almost all of the hand made arts and crafts to the ‘arts and crafts’ area of the shop.

Sprayed peppermint oil/water mix where the ants were travelling through the back door.

As I was leaving the shop at 2pm-ish, Adoring Husband drove past to our car park.

Good timing!

While he purchased our coffees and some salmon steaks for dinner, I collected the mail, which contained three parcels of stock! So I took them back to the shop and tag teamed AH as he returned to the car with our coffee. I took mine and peddled home.

Colli welcomed me home, so I gave her a cuddle and together, we checked the water temperature of the pool. It was delightful and while I was tempted to dive in fully clothed, I decided to change into my new swimmers first.

At my request, AH handed me a scrubbing brush and while I was enjoying my dip, I scrubbed the Winter ring along the water line. We’re not sure why the ring appeared, but we may have been a bit remiss with our monitoring of magnesium requirements.

I swam a few laps and enjoyed the Spring sunshine for a while, then sat under the Bali hut until it was time to go inside.

I spent 90 minutes working on the art piece that I’ve been commissioned to paint.

An easy dinner of salmon steak with salad, guacamole and wafer crackers.

So the day has been highly productive! I feel quite energised, although my arm muscles are a bit tender from scrubbing, but I’ve enjoyed my day very much.

It’s going to be a busy week with three deliveries due.

I should sleep now.

Nite all

No comments: