Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Snowed Under

Adoring Husband and I arrived at the shop just after 8am to rearrange the training room for morning coffee with the girls and the journaling workshop in the afternoon.

The paintings from Saturday were not yet dry so we lined them up on the side unit to safely continue the drying process.

The silicone mats, some of which have large puddles of colourful paint in them, were also not quite dry so I moved them into the kitchen away from prying eyes and poking fingers. They should be dry by tomorrow when I will peel the puddle off the silicone in one piece and set them aside for their owners.

School holidays have officially begun and the longest period of time that I could sit down today was about ten minutes! There was a constant stream of people through the doors.

Sales were amazing, including a large interstate sale for a lady who would usually be here on holidays at this time of the year.

Four different stock orders arrived but I only had time to unpack one and a half boxes.

The journaling workshop ran smoothly and was, as always, enjoyable and inspiring. It has become another  one of those “look forward to it” afternoons.

At the completion, AH and I set the room up for meditation.

We decided on dinner, purchased what was needed and then scuttled home.

I immediately got changed and and parked my butt on the couch, electronically raising my legs to horizontal position and let out a sigh of contentment. 

Less than an hour later and we were preparing an early dinner of lamb and salad.

It’s now 9pm and I’m in bed ready for sleep.

Two days in a row of non-stop activity and I’m done! I need to pace myself a little better.

More stock will arrive tomorrow - on top of meditation, the morning tea ladies and the small craft group, it’s going to be another big day.



Right now, the sleep fairy is calling my name.

Nite all.

No comments: