Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Little Odd

It was an odd kind of sales day because everyone came in early - before 10am and I had only two customers for the remainder of the day!

Sales were good though.

I had a visit from Aggie, which was a pleasant way to break up the morning.

Otherwise, I priced the stock that the rep left with me yesterday and found new ways to display them.

I filed away some invoices, made a couple of new files for new suppliers, paid a couple of invoices and calculated my budget for the next month.

Adoring Husband arrived on cue to help close the shop and we were home by 1:30pm.

After my usual greeting with psychotic dog Colli, I made myself a GF cone with vegan ice cream and I put my feet up to watch a couple of movies on Netflix. There was no physical or mental energy left for anything else.

We had a light dinner and watched the Bunnies defeat the Eels in the other preliminary NRL final.

Now I’m in bed binge watching Friends on WINPeach.

But I’m tired and AH is snoring loudly beside me (because he forgets to use the salt pipe) and I’m going to listen to an audible book until I fall asleep.


Nite all.

No comments: