Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 5, 2020

Believe it!

Can you believe ... that I woke up at 9.30 this morning?!

Admittedly, I didn’t go to sleep until 1am but that’s still 8.5 hours of sound sleep!

Adoring Husband attempted to wake me by putting some freshly cooked bacon on my bedside table - to no avail.

Even with all of that sleep, I was not enthusiastic about getting out of bed and it was around 1pm when I made the executive decision to put on some swimmers and go for a dip in the pool, then I enjoyed a long bask in the sunshine, a laze in the egg chair followed by a warm shower.

AH and I drove to the shop to clear the training room ready for Tuesday.

It took us an hour to find a place for everything that was not yet dry from the art class, fold up the plastic sheets, set up the tables for morning tea and for the journaling class, vacuum the floors and clear the kitchen of all the now dry paint cups, stirring sticks, paint brushes, wine glasses etc.

I still forgot to take photos!

From there we returned home and I put some more touches on my commissioned art piece - until the light got too low In the family room.

For dinner, I made a frittata with last night’s leftover roast vegetables and AH cooked our pork loin chops on the barbecue.

Now, believe it or not, it’s 9.45pm and I’m feeling a little sleepy!

Let’s see if things are a little quieter in town tomorrow now that school holidays are over. The caravan park still looked full when we drove past this afternoon.



Nite all.

No comments: