Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Yawning Anyway

I was busy with potential customers through the shop most of the day, but none of them wanted to spend money! 

Needless to say, it was a low sales day.

I had a visit from The Motivator and The Brains Trust.

I spoke over the phone with a new supplier and ordered some good quality sterling silver jewellery. Some earrings, pendants and bracelets with pearls, some semi precious gems like turquoise, citrine, blue topaz, larimar, peridot and amber and some just plain silver.

I tidied up different sections of my office area, got rid of old paperwork and catalogues and prepared for my appointment with a supplier on Friday.

I also culled some of my wardrobe this morning and took the items into the shop to sell on the pre-loved rack.

A dip in the pool was almost on the cards this afternoon but I felt too lazy to do anything except park my butt on the couch.

Adoring Husband had SES training this evening so I prepared an early dinner of crispy skinned chicken with salad of baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and home made coleslaw.

Now it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: