Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

The Carnival is Not Over

Queensland school holidays may be over but OTHER people’s holidays are still happening.

Once again those pesky customers kept me from enjoying coffee with my girls this morning and by this afternoon, I was this 👌 close to breaking records!

I had one quiet hour in the middle of the day where I laminated a stack of pages with quotes on them to stick on the walls of the training room. I used blu tack to stick them in random positions on all four walls.

I photocopied pages for journaling and prepared for the class.

The cleaner arrived on time and began dusting as required.

My journaling girls arrived right on time and the 90 minutes flew by so fast, we went ten minutes over time.

Adoring Husband was there to fold up the tables and help me set up the room for meditation.

I was so happy to get home, put my feet up and shut my brain down.

We had an easy dinner of barbecued lamb shops with mushrooms and home made salsa.

It’s almost 10.30pm and I need to be up early for meditation so it’s sleep time for me. This early in the week, I’m not quite “quanked” yet.

Nite all.

No comments: