Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday in Bed

Stefan Liebermann Photography - “Uluru”

You can find his photography page on Facebook and he has beautiful nature photographs from all around the world. He is very good.

I have enjoyed my entire day in bed.

Adoring Husband even did a baked dinner - a whole chicken and a big tray of mixed vegetables. Potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and garlic. I got out of bed to make the gravy and some broccoli then we sat at the table together to eat, after which, I returned to bed.

During the day I finished my newsletter and emailed it to everyone on my list.

I began to put together a ‘vision board’ workshop, the first of which I hope to hold in a few weeks time. Perhaps the third week of October or the first week of November.

I’m soon going to run out of days to hold workshops and classes!

After such a mentally active day, it’s time for me to sleep because I’m hoping to be artistically creative tomorrow before heading to the shop to clear the training room ready for morning coffee with the girls and the journaling class on Tuesday!

It’s never ending!



Nite all.

No comments: