Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

What I wished For

Be careful what you wish for!

I began the day by moaning that I needed things to quieten down because I was exhausted from the school holidays and Tuesday had been even bigger than the previous two weeks.

Not a solitary soul came through the doors after 11am.

It was a very busy morning with lots of people in the shop, but just a few small sales.

Six ladies from meditation stayed for coffee and all left at 11am

I did some more printing and laminating and added more quotes to the training room walls.

I sat down at my desk and uttered a ‘thankyou’ to the Universe for giving me this quiet day to gather my wits, take some deep breaths and enjoy the peaceful ambience of my surroundings.

I needed that.

While Adoring Husband was late picking up the weekly FROG box, I pulled the flags, signs and chairs to close the shop.

It was another easy dinner with tacos tonight.

At 7.30pm I played the BBC2 radio nightly quiz show and AH and I watched the second half of The Bachelorette in bed.

Despite my quiet day, I’m still feeling quite weary, so I’ve dabbed “sleep soundly” essential oil blend on my pulse points and I’m ready for an early night.

The weather is warming up and I’m certain that there will be swimming in the pool for the next three afternoons.

Nite all.


No comments: