Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 19, 2020

Roller Coaster Ride

That was my day.

I had to be in The Bay today, which meant I couldn’t be here at the shop to receive deliveries, which I know are due but I wasn’t given tracking details so I couldn’t be sure that they would arrive today.

A dilemma!

I decided to ask the neighbouring business if they would accept my deliveries for me and I would make a sign for the front door to direct the courier to their door.

They very generously agreed to do that, which I was grateful for because I know how busy they are right now.

This meant we were able to get into The Bay early to run many errands before attending a very important funeral.

First stop was Office Works for plastic envelopes, price stickers and file boxes. Nanas pantry was next for our favourite ginger and lime balsamic dressing. Su Jus Cafe for a juice and some slices to take to Owen’s celebration of life. Truckloads to stock up on paint for the next art workshop and I did a little detour into Shoe Frenzy where I purchased some shoes and a bag. (Photos tomorrow)

Adoring Husband popped into HBW while I was doing that.

Bunnings for some Floetrol. Spotlight for a big purchase of 31 canvases.

By then, it was time to attend the funeral.

It was perfect.  Brave messages of love and loss expressed on video by some family members, because we all know how tough it is to stand up and speak at a loved one’s funeral.

Strong friends who spoke and expressed the feelings of all friends in attendance - even if they didn’t realise it at the time.

Beautiful music, amazing stories, a life time of photographic memories, overwhelming emotion and a fitting send off for Grumpy Pants, who wasn’t really grumpy at all.

Afterwards was a huge gathering at their home where stories were told, warm hugs were shared and loving support was provided for our Bombshell who was holding up well, all things considered.

Gone too soon. He will be missed. May he Rest In Peace.

It was a relief to get home where we hugged each other feeling gratitude for obvious reasons. I prepared an easy dinner and we planted our butts on the couch. 

Now we are both exhausted and ready for bed.

Nite all.


No comments: