Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

It’s Somebody’s Birthday

For three weeks I’ve been racking my brain every day trying to figure what I could do for Adoring Husband’s birthday.

I’ve been telling everyone that his birthday was imminent and I didn’t know what to get him or how to make it special.

Nobody else could come up with an idea and I hoped that I would have an epiphany at just the right moment.

This morning at 7.15am, he was helping me open the shop in preparation for the meditation class, when one of my customers was filling out the COVID register and asked me what the date was - as I said it out loud, I realised “OMG the day is here! How the hell did it get here already!?”

😳😩😳

I am a bad wife.

For all that this man does for me on a daily basis ... I should have been on the ball and making this day special from the second he opened his eyes.

I decided to close the shop early at 1pm, and made a sign that said “It’s my husband’s birthday and he is a most amazing man, so I’ve decided to close the shop at 1pm and show him some birthday love. Thank you for understanding and I hope to see you tomorrow!”

We drove into town and I shouted him lunch at the Dayman General Store cafe where we ate a Buddha Bowl with Thai fish cakes followed by a choc berry tart. He had a coffee and I had a detox hydrating juice.


This is his birthday gift ...

I know right?! I wanted to get it out of lay buy but decided to wait until I was feeling richer. He stopped at Tinkerbells and handed me his card. My reward for forgetting his birthday? It’s just not right.

Tourmaline, peridot, clear quartz, moonstone and pearl.

I fell in love with this Larimar ring too, so I purchased it (not with his card).

We picked up the FROG box on the way home and stopped to get protein for dinner.

I did share my special GF dark chocolate rocky road with AH 🥴

It’s now 11pm and I’m listening to him gently snore beside me. That means I need to sleep before the gentle snore becomes a steam train snore.

As I wrote in his birthday card - he is my hero, my rock, my security blanket, my great love, the man of my dreams and the love of my life.

For all future birthdays, I will do better.

Nite all.

No comments: