Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Always Something

Yes it was my day in bed 🌻

Before I tell you about it, here is a brief rundown on my fructose information.

I wrote everything down except the name of the doctor who provided the info!

Vitamin D is important for helping your body fight all disease and especially the Corona Virus, but even the smallest amount of fructose will inhibit your body’s ability to absorb Vitamin D. If your taking Vit D supplements but still eating fructose - you’re basically wasting your money.

Another one is glutathione which cleans your cells and helps you fight viruses, but fructose inhibits your body’s ability to produce glutathione. 

The third thing, in relation to Corona Virus, that fructose does, is completely surround and cover the Corona Virus and create an armour around it so that your immune system cannot identify it. It can then create havoc through your body because it’s camouflaged by the sugar molecules.

Read your labels because ‘high fructose corn syrup’ is the most damaging and is found in soft drink, biscuits, cake, pastries, breads, lollies, sauces, salad dressings, bottled fruit juices etc.

The second worse is sucrose (which is 50% glucose and 50% fructose) and it’s found in packaged breakfast cereals, grains, processed meat and sauces.

The fructose in fresh fruit and vegetables is safe and beneficial because it’s a complex carbohydrate with fibre and reacts differently in the body. People with diets high in fruit and veg have less oxidative stress.

To undo any damage you’ve already done ... remove fructose and sucrose from your diet, practice intermittent fasting, exercise, eat more fresh fruit and veg and get out in the sunshine.

That’s it.

I started my day by watching some news videos on the US election candidates - interesting. I got out of bed to make myself a cup of tea (Adoring Husband was on SES duty) and then returned to begin designing my 2021 calendar.

I usually create them through Vistaprint because every year they have a half price sale, otherwise it’s just not viable for me. They haven’t had the sale this year so I had to do some research to find a different provider. I was lucky enough to come across a site that was advertising great discounts but I had to have it completed by midnight of 18th Oct (today!) 😳

The problem with these calendars is that there is no option for adding words so I couldn’t put descriptions or titles under the photos and I had to improvise by creating my own title on the front page photo before adding it to the page.

I only ordered and paid for 30 copies and then announced on the shop Facebook page and my personal FB page that I was taking preorders. In the first 2 hours, I had 22 names on a list for preorder!! So I jumped in and ordered another 40 calendars. That’s it! 

Except for a break in the middle of the day when AH and I had to pick up some paperwork from work, shop for some lunch food and then make lunch, the calendar took most of the day to complete. I found the website easy to use but frustrating with it’s lack of options.

I did some bookkeeping and calculations, ordered some stock and paid a bill.

I found this on an old memory in Facebook ...

It’s almost 11pm so it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: