Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Super Effort

It was a super effort by me today.

I slept for a solid 9 hours last night and was woken by my alarm at 7am. I obviously needed it but I certainly wasn’t ready to bound out of bed full of vim and vigor! I stayed in bed until the very last minute!

There was much to do between a steady flow of customers and it was an above average sales day for a Saturday. Still no locals through the door - and I only mention that as an indication of how many people are in town filling the caravan parks and the holiday rental homes.

The real estate agent has even made comment about how busy they are and how they’re looking for more cleaning staff for the holiday rentals!

In a ‘normal’ year, this would be the beginning of the quiet time when we start praying that there will be enough sales that the rent will be covered. Instead, the town is as busy as peak periods and I’m praying that I can keep up with rapidly moving stock.

I managed to get all of my paints mixed and each work station prepared before the art class started so that was a blessing. Adoring Husband filled the water containers that sit in the middle of the tables and he set up the tea/coffee station for me. He is also a blessing.

The class was a touch smaller than usual and surprisingly, one of the new ladies who prepaid on Thursday, did not turn up at all! 

Quite lucky really because I probably wouldn’t have had enough resources to cover everyone. I was JUST able to stretch what was there to make it work for today’s group.

It was a different situation because one of the girls brought a very large canvas - approx 80cm X 80cm - which we had planned in advance, but the photo she showed me last week made it appear a bit smaller than it actually was. It took quite a bit more paint and pouring medium than I expected.

There were some good results today and I really liked mine except a stoopid fly landed on it and decided to go walkabout, adding his own touches to my creation! See if you can tell which one - you should be able to see the fly still attached!








I haven’t forgotten the fructose post and I hope to share it here tomorrow, but right now I am ready for sleep.

Nite all


No comments: