Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Brussels Sprouts

Far out Brussels sprouts!

Today was another crazy day with a never ending stream of customers and not a local to be seen!

Amazing! 😳

Sales were great and it took me all day, between customers, to unpack a small shipment of beautiful sterling silver jewellery that I’d picked up from the post office at 9am.

In the last hour of the day I began rearranging the displays in the glass jewellery cabinets.

Adoring Husband arrived a little earlier than usual and set up the tables in the training room so that I can spend Friday preparing for the art class on Saturday. There will be three newbies in the class this week!

At 1.30pm the delivery truck pulled up outside and a gentleman removed two boxes from the truck and brought them through. I haven’t even touched them yet but I believe they might be my Intrinsic order.

I’m sure there will be another delivery tomorrow so one way or another, it’s going to be another busy day!

There is a new rep coming to visit next Friday and she also has her own business called “The Merchant of Venus”. I had a quick look at her stuff online and I can’t wait to meet her and see her beautiful and unique jewellery. I’ve already selected four pieces that I want for myself!

I arrived home to be greeted by the excited shrieks of psychotic dog Colli, which was quite a relief because this morning AH called me outside because she had fallen over on the step, had thrown up and then was frozen on the grass and wouldn’t or couldn’t move.

My brain was supposed to rest this afternoon, but while I put my feet up, one of my clothing reps sent through a stack of photos of a new line of tops and dresses, so browsed through them and wrote down what I WANT to order - although I have so much happening in the next month, I might have to hold off on that one.

For AH, I cooked up a big batch of chicken, mushies, onion, garlic, spinach, asparagus, tomato, broccoli, cashews and a touch of grated cheese over the top.

For me, I cooked a thigh fillet separately, chopped it up and tossed it through grated carrot, chopped tomato, cubed avocado and mango and chopped shallots. It was delicious.

Now I’m in bed and I can’t believe it’s almost 11.30pm!







Nite all.



No comments: