Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 12, 2020

Canned Date

One of my favourite quotes is “Being okay if it happens and being okay if it doesn’t, is a very powerful place to be”

So the fact that I had to postpone my big plans for today was really no big deal. It will happen in good time.

I spent the entire day in bed creating my next two journaling lessons. Six hours of work - which I thoroughly enjoyed, but I was surprised that it took so long. 

Then I did some calculations and discovered that to create each lesson, it has taken, on average, three hours per lesson. That means I’ve invested 21 hours so far (7 weeks) and there will be at least another 5 weeks.

That’s actually pretty good going.

Adoring Husband waited on me by providing my lemon water, broth and coffee. He made me a lovely salad for lunch and I made myself a green juice for dinner.

Now I have to go clear all of my paraphernalia from the bed so that we can sleep!

I regret not having a dip in the pool today, but it was 4pm before I knew it and I only realised how late it was because a rep phoned me.

Time flies when you’re having fun.


Nite all.

No comments: