Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Easy Day

Due to illness, The Gypsy wasn’t able to run the meditation class this morning.

She texted me very early this morning, as well as all of the regular participants.

I still opened the shop just after 7am because there were a couple of people, who are not regulars, who suggested they might attend, and I didn’t have their contact details.  One of the regulars didn’t receive the message because she lives in an area with poor reception and she turned up early so we sat in the meditation room with our morning beverage for an hour and chatted about “woo woo” stuff which was very enjoyable.

There are quite a few items on my “to do” list ... like designing and creating my 2021 calendar, clearing the storage cupboard, changing the jewellery displays in the glass cabinets and cleaning under the counter ... but today I decided to take it easy and conserve some energy.

There will be a lot of stock arriving over the next week, so that will keep me busy and take a lot of energy to get sorted.

Thankfully, it was a steady day of average sales that didn’t take too much out of me and we were home by 2.15pm.

I dipped my toe in the pool water but it was a little chilly so I changed into my slobberdog clothes and sat on the couch watching my favourite quiz shows on TV until I had to make dinner.

We didn’t have any protein out, so the easy option for me was a grazing platter with the new chilli tuna, my usual smashed avocado mix, alfalfa sprouts, carrot and cheese, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and celery sticks, cocktail onions and GF wafers.

It was a nice chilled dinner.



It’s 9.30pm and I am listening to AH snore beside me.

Sleep time for me too!

Nite all.


No comments: