Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 16, 2020

Puzzled

I am still puzzled by the large number of visitors in town and I am still exhausted 😩 

Another huge day of sales and in between customers I attempted to set up each art station AND get the new stock unpacked and out on display. I’m running out of space!

I still have to mix paint tomorrow, but the room is pretty much ready for class.

By the end of the day, I was certainly dragging my feet to the car and I was struggling to stay awake on the couch. Mostly because Adoring Husband snored last night til late and then was up and about at 3am making a racket. After he left for work at 4.45am, psychotic dog Colli decided to howl at the garage door and I had to get up twice to her!

Ugh!

It’s almost 8pm and I’m already in bed.

We actually ate dinner at 4.30pm! Just the usual Friday night fare of chicken wings.

I’m about to turn the telly on to watch the football, but I doubt I’ll last very long.

I had a short but interesting post ready to share with you about fructose and it’s relation to immunity and in particular the Corona virus, but I think I’ll save it for tomorrow because I honestly couldn’t be bothered right now.



Nite all.


No comments: