Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Clarification

I just want to clarify that even though I am always on about being tired and busy and constantly needing to put my feet up, I am still LOVING “Roz’s Happy Place”!

Today was a crazy busy day! 

I did get to spend about 30 minutes with my girls before those first pesky customers arrived!

From 9.30am til 11.30am I did not stop! Holiday makers galore! All having a ball together and shopped til they almost dropped - a couple declaring that they would return later in the week.

Lunch was a necessity, to give me the energy to finish the day.

Last weekend, I found a family owned and run company from Queensland that sells Aust tuna in glass jars. Here is the link to their website ... Little Tuna

I received the three jars yesterday (tuna in olive oil, tuna in spring water, tuna in chilli) and took the Tuna in olive oil with me to work today for lunch. I mashed an avocado with lemon juice, coconut yoghurt, salt, pepper and chopped shallots, then stirred through some of the tuna.

Of course, I taste tested the tuna before doing that and it was DIVINE! Absolutely nothing like the tinned tuna you get from (mostly) Asia, which in comparison, tastes like ... um ... wet paper?

This one is meaty and full bodied and flavoursome.

Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch!

Between customers in the afternoon, I printed out all the copies of this week’s journaling lesson for the girls and set the table with the weekly lollies and glasses of water.

The class was amazing because one of the girls had received her professionally bound book of her family ancestry in the mail yesterday. We’ve been talking about it and waiting for her to receive it for two weeks, so it was a big deal to see it, touch it and read some of the amazing stories in it. 

We were inspired to follow up on our own ancestry and to create an amazing life journal.

We finished right on 3.30pm and AH and I cleared the room and set up for meditation in the morning.

There was no protein at home for dinner so we stopped at the butcher and selected some lamb rump steaks for AH to cook on the barbecue while I prepared a salad. Watermelon for dessert.

Right now, I’m watching Junior Masterchef and wishing some of those kids could be employed by us to cook in our kitchen once or twice a week! I’m drooling.


Now it’s time for me to head to bed.

Nite all.

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Little Tuna is my favourite and they are based right here in Cairns!

Age said...

It is delicious! I made a grazing platter for dinner tonight and we ate the Tuna in Chilli. I’ll be ordering regularly. Our closest stockist is Bundaberg so I’ll be ordering direct from Cairns 👍