Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Perfect Shoes

My new shoes are absolutely perfect for work.

It was a busy day and I was on the move and on my feet all day.

Adoring Husband and I got to the shop early to clear the art stuff away and set the room up for morning tea and the journaling class. It took us about half an hour.

My girls arrived for coffee and I got to spend a little time with them before those pesky customers interrupted us again. The girls soon departed with their own plans ahead of them and I got busy in the shop.

At lunch time a delivery arrived so between customers, I unpacked and priced it all. I didn’t have time to display it because I had to make copies of today’s lesson and set the places at the table, so I stored it in the kitchen until tomorrow.

The cleaner arrived early so I directed her to where I needed the work done and the journaling girls arrived soon after. It was a good session. It always is.

As the girls left, AH and I folded the tables, vacuumed the floor and set the room up for meditation in the morning.

It was after 4pm when we left but physically, I was feeling much better today than the last two Tuesdays. Mentally, I was more tired because I forgot a few words during the class and I had to describe what I meant so the girls could tell me the word I was after! Gawd 😳

My shoes felt like slippers and my feet and legs felt fresh and strong at the end of the day. I love them and I think I’ll go get a second pair!



We had protein and salad for dinner.

It’s now almost 11pm and I’m going to ‘snort’ some Sleep Soundly essential oil and then fall asleep to the sound of a guided healing meditation.



Nite all.


No comments: