Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Silly Me

It has been 8 days since I drank coffee!

I have been drinking a cup of tea every morning when I get to work and that seems to have kept the withdrawal headache away - I’m pretty sure there is almost as much caffeine in tea as there is in coffee BUT I take my tea black and it’s the dairy I’m trying to avoid.

I’m feeling better for it.

HOWEVER, last night, at 8.30pm, I decided to take a cup of tea to bed with me.

BIG mistake.

HUGE!

I used essential oil, meditation and then listened to an audio book - finally, some time after 1.30am, I fell asleep.

For some strange and unknown reason, I was awake at 5.25am.

I started my day with celery juice and a banana. A cup of tea at work. Lunch was chicken, sweet potato and baby spinach with a sweet mustard dressing. Dinner was a cup of the broth from Hainan chicken and vegan ice cream in a GF cone. I’ve had a litre of water.

I took it pretty easy at work today.

I sat at my desk and priced over 100 products before displaying them.

I paid my phone bill the second I opened it.

I photocopied a stack of receipts and filed them.

I worked on a budget for the next couple of months.

I served customers.

It was a good sales day and the time passed quickly, but with only 4 hours of sleep, I was feeling very weary by the time I got home. I tried really hard to stay awake but I fell asleep in my chair so I decided to climb into bed for a nap.

A nap that lasted almost 2 hours!

This meant we had a late dinner at almost 7pm! Unheard of!

It’s almost 10pm now and I’m about to return to my bed WITHOUT tea. 


Nite all.

No comments: