Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 23, 2020

Forgot Twice

Emma from “Merchants of Venus” booked today’s appointment with me three weeks ago.

I put it in my diary.

I haven’t even looked at my diary for three days so when she phoned at 11am to to tell me she would be running 30 mins late for her 12:30pm appointment, I got a surprise because I’d forgotten she was even coming!

When she came through the door at 1pm, I got another surprise because I’d already forgotten (again) that she was coming! What the hell is wrong with me!?

After looking at her old Facebook page 3 weeks ago, seeing her work and knowing I would love it, I had set a sizeable budget to spend. I was swept into that shiny sparkly vortex and spent almost three times that budget.

I know it will sell so the purchase is a definite investment and while the initial outlay is hard to swallow, I can’t even feel guilty because the quality and the uniqueness of her work is divine.

I selected, for myself, a beautiful Prasiolite ring that matches perfectly to the bracelet I picked up from Tinkerbells on Wednesday. Prasiolite is one of the rarer crystals and is a very soft green colour. I tried to take a photo of it just now but the light is poor in the bedroom and it doesn’t do it justice.

There are so many pieces I’d love to keep for myself, but I will show self control.

We spent three hours together AND get this ...

I was wearing a white top and denim blue linen pants. She was wearing a white skirt and a denim blue top.

I was wearing a blue topaz ring and a white pearl ring. She was wearing a blue topaz ring and a white pearl ring.

I was wearing a necklace of raw aquamarine. She was wearing a necklace of cut stone of blue topaz.

We were totally colour and gemstone co-ordinated!

We had the same length hair - she was blonder. I was ten years older.

She lives in Mullumbimby.

She is BFFs with Melanie Woods whose jewellery I also sell in the shop.

I liked her a lot and I REALLY loved her jewellery ... obviously.

It was a slow sales day which gave me a chance to tidy up behind the counter a little in the morning and create some more files. I had visits from three chatty customers who took up quite a bit of time, which was fine by me.

It’s nice to be winding down knowing that I have a mini break coming up - although I’m still waiting on two deliveries that should have been here at the beginning of the week, so I’m worried about how I’m going to receive them now.

Now it’s time to sleep because I’ve smothered myself in ‘sleep soundly’ essential oil and I can already feel it taking effect.

Nite all.

No comments: