Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Early Bird

I arrived at the shop at 6.45am!

I did some tidying up and cleared some of the work from my desk, priced a couple of loose items and displayed them, checked the invoice from yesterday’s delivery and calculated the prices.

All of that in the 25 minutes before The Gypsy arrived.

There were only 2 spare seats in meditation today and the class was amazing. A newcomer stopped me afterwards, thanked me for donating the space for these classes and raved about how wonderful the discussions and subject matter were. She shook her head in awe and vowed she would return. 

I love that kind of feedback.

People attend these classes for just a donation and I used to take half of those donations to cover my costs but decided some time ago that I get so much value from her lessons and The Gypsy puts so much work into them each week that she should take all of the money.

I consider myself very lucky to have her still using this space after 3 years and she has taught me the skills to bring positive change in my life. I could rattle on for pages about her virtues but I’ll stop here.

After meditation, the usual crowd hung around for coffee and I sat at my desk for a while catching up with The Gypsy until she had to leave for an appointment. I joined the other girls between customers and we discussed art and creativity.

It was another good sales day and I have overfilled my next art class for the 28th Nov, the majority of whom have paid in advance!

I’ve already recruited 3 people for my next vision board workshop too!

The day passed quickly and I kept the shop open for an extra 30 minutes waiting for a customer who did eventually turn up to make it worth my while.

We enjoyed bangers and mash with onion gravy for dinner and sat in the alfresco area to eat. The weather was mild with a slight breeze so it was a very pleasant dinner location. We watched the State of Origin prematch show while we ate and Adoring Husband bragged about his fabulous Blues team and how they were going to defeat my beloved Maroons.

Well we showed him! A huge well fought win to Queensland!

Now I need to sleep because it’s after 11.30pm.

Nite all.



No comments: