Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Like a Grown Up

I feel like such a grown up!

Paying all my bills as soon as I open them. Paying all the invoices as soon as I receive them. Keeping ahead of my budget.

It’s such a fun game!

Unfortunately, the lockdown in South Australia has two different lots of stock that I ordered now stuck in that state until the lockdown is over. What a pain in the butt right before Christmas!

Today I priced and displayed the new stock that arrived two days ago.

It was a good day of sales so I was busy with customers.

I had an extended and very interesting visit from Aggie. I like it when she pops by. I like it when any of my girls pop by!

An extended and profitable visit from one of my art girls.

Now that I think about it, I had a lot of ‘local’ customers today, which makes the sales number even more impressive!

I worked a little later today and after I pulled the flags, chairs and signs inside, I left all of my stuff at the shop while I visited Bombshell for her birthday to give her a gift and share a beverage with her and other friends.

Afterwards I returned to the shop to pick up the cash tin, my laptop bag and the groceries and then pedalled home.

Adoring Husband was all dressed up in his SES uniform when I walked through the door. I forgot it was training night so he didn’t get dinner before he left unfortunately.

I made some mango vegan ice cream tonight which was quite enjoyable, though surprisingly, not very sweet.

So it was another good day.

Now it’s time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: